The Instagram Archive feature has gained popularity since its introduction in June 2017. Instagram Archive is a valuable tool for individuals and businesses since it enables users to make a private gallery of posts they don’t want to see on their profiles but don’t want to erase.
Besides hiding old pictures of your ex, Instagram Archive may be used for many other things. Check out how your archive may help you enhance your Instagram marketing game, from clearing out your account to launching a new product. Instagram Archive is an ingenious little tool, not just for the indecisive among us but also for when it comes to sharing memories, highlighting Stories, and increasing engagement on your posts. Here’s how to use Archive to your advantage on Instagram.
Table of Content for Instagram Archive:
- What is Archive on Instagram?
- How to Archive a Post on Instagram?
- 7 ways to use Instagram Archive to engage your audience
- Benefits of using the Instagram Archive
- How to Automatically Archive Instagram Stories?
- How to Archive IGTV Videos after Posting?
- Can You Unarchive Instagram Posts?
- What occurs to archived photos that have tags?
- Does engagement on Instagram change when posts are archived?
What is Archive on Instagram?
The Instagram Archive is a feature that allows users to store, organize, and share their photos and videos. It was first introduced in 2018 and has become an increasingly popular tool for users wanting to keep their favorite moments easily accessible. You can create a personalized collection of your favorite photos and videos and keep them accessible for years. It also allows you to share your content with friends, family, and followers without having to post it publicly on your profile.
The Instagram Archive is an excellent tool for users who want to keep their content organized and easily shareable. Not only does it provide convenience for users, but it also gives them the freedom to keep their content private.
How to Archive a Post on Instagram?
It’s not a big deal to archive a post on Instagram. With a few steps, you can easily hide the posts you don’t want to share with your fans or followers.
Check out the following points for the post to archive in Instagram:
- Open your Instagram profile.
- Choose the photos or videos you are willing to archive
- Click on the three dots
- Tap on archive
- Your chosen image will vanish from your account.
7 ways to use Instagram Archive to engage your audience
Today, Instagram is one of the most widely used social networking sites, especially among millennials. The platform has a sizable user base and an intuitive user interface that makes it simple for anybody to use. Unfortunately, Instagram users are only sometimes cordial or helpful, too. As with any other web3 social media website development platform, there are strategies to improve your posts’ interaction rates and visibility by making them more attractive.
Post interesting content
Your Instagram Archive contains all of the posts you’ve ever shared, so it’s an excellent resource for finding interesting content. However, only some photos are good choices for your followers!
- You should only post images that are relevant to your industry or product. For example, if your company sells shoes, it would be off-brand to post pictures of food (unless they’re also the food of sale). This can help you stay focused on engaging with people who already know and like what you have to offer them.
- Make sure each photo is high quality and well-edited before posting it on Instagram. If possible, use a professional photographer—if not, many free editing apps are available online that allow anyone with basic computer skills access to professional quality results without spending money upfront!
- Focus on posting photos of people wearing clothes from her line (or holding bags), locations where she has stores near their homes/workplaces (and maybe even one showing some activity happening there). They could even include selfies taken by employees who work at those locations as well as celebrities who wear outfits from her line when attending public events all across Los Angeles County–that way, everyone gets excited about seeing themselves represented in these images, which helps keep them interested in coming back again soon enough!
Build a community of followers and engage them
- Share content that is relevant to your audience.
- Engage with your audience by commenting on their posts and answering questions about products, services, and more.
- Respond to comments and questions in a timely fashion. Remember: when someone asks you a question on Instagram, they want an answer! Make sure you respond to each inquiry so that people know you’re listening. This can also encourage others to post comments, which leads us neatly into our next point…
- Use hashtags whenever possible! Hashtags are one of the most effective ways to increase engagement on Instagram because they allow users who aren’t following you yet (or those who might not be able to see all of your posts) to see what is happening in real time around the world—whether it’s an event or trend associated with an account or simply another user posting something excellent/funny/relevant etcetera).
- A good rule of thumb when using hashtags is 3-5 per post – start small at first until finding out which ones work best for each piece of content being shared (e..g if u were posting something about coffee, then maybe some tags would be #coffee #caffeineaddiction #morningjolt etc).
Consistency is key to a successful Instagram archive. To be consistent, create a schedule and stick to it. You can use the scheduler function in Instagram’s app to schedule posts in advance or manually add them. You can also use an external scheduler like RecurPost, Later, or Buffer if you have multiple accounts that need to be scheduled at once.
Your Instagram Archive is your new personal assistant that can help you organize and manage the content of your account. So use it!
The more accessible you are on Instagram, your audience will be more engaged. And it will be easier for them to find and follow you in their feed.
Gain trust by showing the human side of your brand
Showing the human side of your brand can help you gain trust. Sharing behind-the-scenes content, showing personality and authenticity, and including employee stories are ways to show that you’re not perfect.
The best way to do this is by sharing content with no purpose other than being fun. For example, if you have a team in an office full of windows, take photos of employees at their desks with sunlight streaming through their window blinds. Or post videos of your employees having lunch together on Friday afternoons (and remember to tag them!).\
Use stories to push forward your business goals and engagement efforts
If you still need to start using stories to promote your business, you should be.
Stories are a great way of pushing your brand forward and engaging with your users in a way that isn’t possible through the regular Instagram feed. You can use them to promote products, services, events, and blog posts. Stories can also be used for sharing entertaining content or conducting polls about topics relevant to your company or industry.
Make use of hashtags and location tags whenever possible.
- Hashtags and location tags are the best way to connect with like-minded people on Instagram. You can use hashtags to find other accounts that share your interests and location tags so you can connect with nearby people.
- Hashtags are a great way for you to be found by new followers and by people who may not have heard of you before but have similar interests as yours. It’s also helpful if it’s an event such as a conference or festival with many attendees from many different places.
Instagram is an effective social media tool. For businesses, it’s a place to showcase their products and services. Personal branding, it’s the perfect way to connect with your audience through visual storytelling.
For Instagram marketing purposes, allows you to reach an engaged audience captivatingly. For example, Instagram has recently reported that 50% of its users follow at least one business on the app and that 10% have purchased something because of something they saw on Instagram!
These users also spend more time in the app than on other social networks like Twitter or Snapchat — which means your posts are bound to get noticed by more people than ever before (if you know how).
Benefits of using the Instagram Archive
Using the Instagram Archive has several benefits. It allows users to store and organize their content, making it easier to access and share. It also provides a way to keep content private and share it with select people. Additionally, it allows users to curate their content and create a more personalized collection.
The Instagram Archive also provides a great way to create a portfolio of your work. So whether you’re a photographer, artist, or writer, you can easily showcase your best content in one place. It’s also a great way to keep track of your progress and see how you’ve grown over time.
Using the Instagram Archive also makes it easier for users to find shared content. So whether it’s a photo from a few years ago or a video from last week, the Instagram Archive makes finding content quickly and easily easier.
How to Automatically Archive Instagram Stories?
You must archive posts manually, but you can choose to archive Instagram stories after 24 hours automatically.
- Go to your profile and tap the three-line menu at the top.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Story.
- Tap Save story to archive.
How to Archive IGTV Videos after Posting?
If you’ve ever posted an igtv video and wanted to save it for later, this post is for you!
Post your Videos on IGTV
To post videos on Instagram, you must open the app and go to “Explore.” Then, click on “IGTV” in the top navigation bar.
- Click “+ Add Video.” This will bring up a screen where you can either upload an existing video clip or record a new one using your device’s camera (this option is only available if you have an iPhone).
- Select an album to save your video(s) before uploading them. You can add multiple clips per upload.
- When editing is finished, select “Done” and tap “Upload” at the bottom of your screen.
How to Archive IGTV?
To archive an IGTV video,
- You will need to click the three dots in the upper right corner of a video.
- Once you have clicked on these three dots, a drop-down menu will appear with three options: Play Video, Watch Later, and Archive.
- Click on Archive.
- The video will be removed from your profile and put into an archive where it can still be viewed but won’t count toward your 150-video limit.
Can You Unarchive Instagram Posts?
Follow these steps to unarchive a post, so it reappears on your profile for everyone to see:
- Go to your profile and tap the three-line menu at the top.
- Tap Archive.
- Choose the post you want to unarchive.
- Tap Stories archive at the top to switch between archived stories and posts.
- Tap the three-dot menu at the top of the post.
- Tap Show on Profile.
What occurs to archived photos that have tags?
If you archive a post that other users have tagged, it will be removed from their “Tagged” area. If you archive a post, the tagged users won’t get a notification. They might learn otherwise if they check their Tagged photos and see that the post has been removed. Users who have been tagged in a post will see it again if you un-archive it.
Does engagement on Instagram change when posts are archived?
In essence, you are hiding your chosen material from your followers through archiving. Even though the material is hidden, your account is still given credit for the metrics. When you archive a particular post, the post’s likes and comments are preserved; therefore, it does not affect your engagement metrics.
Since users won’t be able to access popular posts to like, comment on, or share them on Instagram anymore, archiving them will impact your engagement with those posts.
Instagram Archive helps you distinguish between private and public and temporary and permanent. Therefore, this feature can be helpful whether you’re a high school student trying to cover up remnants of that middle school haircut or a Fortune 500 firm launching a new product line.
Try out the Instagram Archive without hesitation. The worst-case situation is having to re-add an image. No harm was done.
Frequently Asked Question
Q. How long do posts stay archived on Instagram?
A. Archived Instagram posts are stored indefinitely until you delete them. They never automatically expire.
Q. Can others see archived posts Instagram?
A. Only the original author can view archived Instagram posts. To share an archived post, you have to unarchive it.
Q. Do archived posts show up on Instagram Feed?
A. No, your post will disappear from your followers’ Instagram Feeds after it has been archived. The Instagram Feed might need more time to update for the post to be deleted, though, if you just recently submitted it and the user needs better internet. Once the feed is refreshed, the old posts will vanish.
Q. Can you boost an Instagram archive post?
A. After 24 hours, the active story on your profile will expire; however, the boost story will continue to run as an advertisement. The boost button is also available for archived and highlighted stories.
Q. Do Instagram posts that are archived get deleted?
A. No. Instagram won’t ever remove old posts. Archived posts are still associated with your account and are your property. Therefore, no matter how long you archive a post, it will always be there when you return to it.